UDK Indie game development

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the use in the brainstorming, resource collection, and development of an indie game.

Human Ring Technology

Darthnerda
    Darthnerda
    Admin

Human Ring Technology Empty Human Ring Technology

Post  Darthnerda Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 am

WARNING: Everything below was written horribly and I am terribly sorry for that. I can't write well when I'm tired. I'm tired now! IT'S A TRAP!

Human Ring Technology Atrapitis

I have created a concept I believe many of you will agree is a huge success. I will explain it below:

Human Ring Technology:

During what was known as the space rush, occuring shortly after the discovery of radio-He3, the demand for space travel was massive. To fill this demand, the scientists of the world worked constantly to develop an efficient means of space travel. Their discoveries led them to the VASIMR engine and a super strong material known as allodiumic plating. Because of these ship's necessary large size, they carried much cargo, and in turn, attracted much attention from bandits. As the seriousness of the pirating reached a critical level, a breakthrough was made in space weaponry. These weapons were known as PTLs (Plasma Turoid Launcher). These PTLs would launch stable toroids (rings) of plasma from a helical launcher and destroy their target at extreme distances. The toroid design also led to another discovery soon after. After the colonization of Mars and nearing the depletion of the moon's deposits of radio-He3 a device known as a repulsor ring was invented. The repulsor ring would create a field of electromagnetic energy around it, looping continuously without drag. As the energy looped, more was directed into it through an electromagnet in the center of the ring. The field would soon increase to a point where it was capable of forcing non-magnetic matter away from the velocity of the field's advance. Scientists soon realized that the force outputted from the repulsor could be used to greatly increase the velocity given from a VASIMR engine and that artificial gravity could also be achieved by the use of the ring. Not long after this discovery was it being mass-produced into every spaceship of class and size. Now, the need wasn't faster sub-light engines or artificial gravity, but FTL (Faster Than Light) capability. The one and only problem with current FTL capability was the lack of energy required to power the device. In order to get around this problem, scientists looked again at the repulsor technology. Normally, a massive AM (Anti Matter) explosion is directed at a single point, creating a miniature black-hole. The black hole rips a hole in space, the black hole is destroyed by Hawking's radiation, and even more energy is funneled into the tear to contract the space within. Unfortunately, this required a massive, high radiation explosion to occur somewhere in or near the solar system and the contraction will only last only a couple seconds. Not to mention the fact that it is impossible to control the explosion into having the correct effect in such an explosive environment. The solution scientists found was to use the repulsor to direct a massive amount of force into a singular spot in the center of the ring device. Then a small AM charge is detonated in the center of the ring as well. The explosion is greatly controlled and the tear is created without a massive amount of radiation escaping into the surrounding objects. The bubble is established, the space around the ship contracts, and the tidal forces of the warp bubble attempting to close behind them propels them forward. Because in warp space, distance is much shorter than in overspace, the ship will arrive at it's destination faster than it would in normal space. Because it get's one to point B faster and is an alternate to regular space it is sometimes known as hyperspace, or is sometimes called warpspace because of it's use of space contraction or warping. The ring device is also used for colonies on un-terraformed or pressure-formed planets. A massive repulsor is dug into the ground underneath where and outside the area of which you wish to be colonized. A "base" is placed in the center of the ring device underneath the ground which acts as the electromagnet as used in spaceship repulsors. As the field is generated, UV rays and other radiation funnel into the center point of the giant field-sphere where it is directed as a stream of energy into a collection point located above the base device. This stream of energy looks like a large purplish-orange beam of light shooting down from the sky into a tower located at the center of the colonized area. As the field is generated, it is preventing the allowance of deadly radiation from entering the colonized area while at the same time working as a barrier to prevent the escape of atmosphere. The city: Primpoli on the planet of Vaclav is a great example of this system, however, in the gap between the outer ring and the base device is a massive valley. Also, the base is hidden in the mountain and the tower looks as though it used to be covered up by the summit of the mountain at one point in time. What is something to note is that a large part of the storyline depends on how the aliens are very interested in the captured human armor, which has the ability to create a field of force which prevents the induction of weapon fire (hence force field). This device utilizes repulsor technology and being as that the aliens live in a city which is only livable because of their use of the same repulsor technology.

Now, I can't remember if I finished this because I just left to eat some food, but I'm too tired to even read where exactly I left off and don't want to write more. Goodnight. I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

This was Kyla Worrell's email reply.

Good page of text; but here's some questions that prove whether I have or have not fully understood that page.

Wouldn't it be highly unpredictable to use this "bubble technology"? I know they have ring devices at the colonies, but wouldn't the people still accidentally go a few light years (or whatever they're traveling:space) too much or little? And how would the teeny black hole, ripping into space, not create a paradox? I'm assuming you can't just sew it up with string. If space is ripped, you are going to have to face the consequences of whatever the rip warps out. And I'm also assuming that the rings on the space ship prevent any high amounts of radiation from reaching the crew?

I'll probably think of more stuff to ask but, back to my report!

This was my email reply back to her email reply.

Thanks for the questions. The bubble technology is actually quite accurate, being about as accurate as a galaxy-wide GPS system would be (bad example ftw). However, when one measures accuracy in spacey terms, you must realize that the sub-light engines still send you at a speed somewhere near the speed of light. This meaning that a light-year will take roughly a year to traverse. Because of the warp bubble exists holding regular matter in subspace, warpspace, or hyperspace (haven't decided what to call it yet) and because subspace etc. puts regular matter in a constant dimension in an expanding dimension without increasing the dimensions of the regular matter, subspace can then be viewed as regular space, with greater dimensions. These dimensions change with the amount of energy being pumped into the tear meaning that the more energy a ship can produce at a single rate will have more space contraction and therefore faster travel time. With different travel times there are different distances, these distances, however, can be calculated by a navigation computer on-board the ship. This allowing the ship's crew to know the exact time to come out of subspace etc. Unfortunately, the size of the tear in space can change the level of effect given by pumping energy into the tear exponentially. Essentially, the faster the ship, the less accurate it is. Fortunately, the exponential decrease in accuracy only effects the destination point by about a few hundred billion kilometers. With the speed of light being about 3 million kilometers/second I think they can get to their originally intended position in about a couple of hours. The black holes do not tear a hole through time and space, only space. Essentially, it's tricking a small point of the universe into believing that it has infinite mass and infinite energy. Thus deconstructing regular laws of physics and tearing apart dimensions. Then, you are pushing tons and tons of energy directly into the tear, expanding the dimensions to create enough room for the entire ship to fit in. Of course, it's a tear in space and you are slipping into a newly generated dimension of space, one which has larger dimensions than regular space, meaning that there is nothing already in the tear except for residual energy left from the contraction of the dimensions in the supspace. After the ship moves on from the original tear point, the end of the bubble snaps and causes a tidal wave to propel the ship forward. This tidal wave, because it pushes inwards towards the ship, also collapses regular dimensions into the bubble, these dimensions however are too small for the bubble and collapse on themselves. This collapsing closes the tear and causes a ripple to be left behind in regular space. Finally, the ring device has such a strong pull (or push rather) that it has almost the same effect as a black hole which as you probably know does not emit any radiation whatsoever (hence black hole). The only radiation which the ship might possibly need to worry about is the residual energy inside the newly formed dimensions in subspace. The ring device's shields, which would normally be protecting them from radiation, are being used to uphold the warp bubble, leaving only a small amount of protection. However, the ships do have lead infused into their outer hull and a small amount of shielding is directed towards their protection. Even still, some radiation escapes into the ship, making long-term exposure in such an environment deadly.

yeah, that's what I thought. Does it hurt now? It should. It did me when I reread it.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 am